Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jennifer McDaniel stops by. (Update)

Any elected official who posts here may do so knowing that I will not in any way edit their work.
I reserve the right to comment on their effort, but in this case, I offer up Ms. McDaniel's comments without editorializing in any way.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for posting as anonymous here, (I signed the bottom) but I do not know what a URL is and I am not familiar with how these blogs go:

I see that things have deteriorated here and other sites, and I feel that it is time that I address some of these issues being leveled against me on this and other blogs. First off, my husband is an incredible man and I feel blessed to have such an amazing person in my corner. I think that it is in our nature to defend our loved ones if we feel they are being attacked, even in politics (Clinton defended Hillary, Barbara defended George, etc.) Mr. McDaniel is my partner and my rock, but unfortunately he does not have thick skin. I guess that is why I am the Council Member, and he is not. Having said that, despite what some have said on this blog, I am very competent and perfectly capable of defending my past actions and decisions, if anyone would like to ask me (in person, not on a blog.)

Over the past three years, we have been through a lot of challenges in Washougal, some of it negative. But, I see us now moving forward in a much more positive way. Where we once had looming budget deficits, we now have cuts and a plan for balance to get us through the recession. Where we once had poor communication and lack of accountability from our former administration, we now have freely open dialogues between Council & Staff, and our accountability audits are stellar. The tunnel is complete, and citizens are using this beautiful area. We are rezoning throughout the City to attract more businesses, and E Street is in the works to be a safer, more efficient, more attractive thoroughfare. Washougal is beginning to shine, and I am honored to play a role in this. I serve my neighbors every day as their Councilwoman, and I am running for re-election this year to keep this momentum moving forward. I would be happy to discuss any of your concerns (my number is in the newspaper.)

Just to touch on something that Mr. Briggs keeps pushing: a mysterious group "affectionately known as The Four.” While I thank him for the affection, I want to make it very clear that there is NO voting block of four on Washougal’s City Council. My votes are my own and my voting record proves this. I only answer to the Citizens of this City, not to any one or more Councilmembers, not to the City staff, and not to the Mayor. I am fully aware that I have over 14,000 bosses, and the best interests of our City are always put first before I cast my vote.

Thank you for your time in reading this, and I look forward to serving my friends and neighbors here in Washougal for another 4 years of positive progress moving forward.

Jennifer McDaniel, Council Member, City of Washougal


Here's a question for Ms. McDaniel:

Anonymous said...

Does Jon Russell support you and do you agree with all the terrible things he has been saying in the papers? Is it true that you and Russell confronted Joyce Lindsay on the street and told her to her face, "We are going to bury you"??

1 comment:

  1. Does Jon Russell support you and do you agree with all the terrible things he has been saying in the papers? Is it true that you and Russell confronted Joyce Lindsay on the street and told her to her face, "We are going to bury you"??

    ReplyDelete